Boost your ego by being eco(logical) on November 10, America Recycles Day.
• Recycle your old cell phone to benefit our military. The popular program, “Cell Phone for Soldiers” has provided more than 168 million minutes of free talk time to our heroes overseas, according to their website. To join the fight or for more information check out their website at www.cellphoneforsoldiers.com.
• Used ink cartridges can be brought to your local Staples Office Store and you will get $2 back per recycled cartridge
• Donate your old Christmas lights to Home Depot and get a 5% off your new LED Christmas lights purchase
• Advanced Auto Parts takes used car batteries and you can $5 off of a new one when you recycle your old battery. They also take used transmission, motor oil and wiper fluid.
• Do you have an old Apple product just taking up space at home or at the office? Send Apple your old iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC for recycling and if it has any value, they will apply that toward an Apple gift card. More information can be found at www.apple.com/recycling.
• Recycle your old cassette tapes, CD’s, floppy disks, MP3 players, used game consoles and more at The Computer Loft in Fremont, Ohio where their parts might be resold for other electronics
• All used technology such as old computer monitors, laptops, printers, fax machines and old phones can be sent to your local Staples Office Store
• Used CFLs, NiCad batteries, rechargeable batteries can be dropped off at your local Radio Shack
• Bring your used grocery bags to a Kroger grocery store to be recycled into new bagsIn case you just moved to the area, you can recycle all plastic, cardboard and tin and steel cans at the Sandusky City Services Complex, 1024 Cement Street, Sandusky
• In case you just new to the area or new to the idea of recycling, you can recycle all plastic, cardboard and tin and steel cans at the Sandusky City Services Complex, 1024 Cement Street, Sandusky
For more ideas and locations of where you can donate specific items check out this cool website www.search.earth911.com. Happy recycling!