Black Friday is pretty much here, and we all know that there are two types of Black Friday shoppers; the ones who plan for weeks and are smiling all day due to all the extra adrenaline and endorphins pumping through their systems, and those who get dragged to Black Friday shopping by the former. In order to help you be the most successful in your shopping, we made up a list of top ten survival tips.
1. Coffee is a must. Especially if you plan to wake up before the crack of dawn and don’t plan on eating before you leave (which you should).
2. Wear comfortable shoes. Not flats with little to no support and not your new four-inch fashion heels. Trust me, your feet with thank you later in the day.
3. Think about bringing a chair so you can sit while you wait and if the line is outside, bring a blanket or two and possibly a small tent. You know how fast the weather can change around here.
4. Sign up today for your favorite stores’ coupons. A lot of stores are starting to send out their promotions right now. Also, check out Funcoast’s Black Friday Texting Program for text alerts on great giveaways and specials going on at local stores around the Sandusky area. Just text FRIDAY to 41948.
5. Know the lay of the land before heading out. Make a list of what you plan to get, where you are buying it and who you’re getting it for. The more organized you are ahead of time, the better off you will be.
6. Use the buddy system. This extra body can help carry stuff for you or stand in lines at other stores and get items that you might miss while you’re somewhere else.
7. Stay hydrated and energized. This is essential. Bring snacks, such as pretzels or trail mix, and water to refuel during the day.
8. There’s always the Internet. If you forget to get something, remember, Black Friday is only the beginning. Cyber Monday happens the Monday after, so check out your favorite stores’ and venues’ websites for other great deals and promotions. Plus, many stores have their Black Friday sales online too, so if you remember in time you might be able to snag it for the sale price without heading back to the store.
9. Bring your own shopping bags. Especially if you are planning to get a lot. Reusable bags are sturdier than the plastic bags stores hand out, plus it’s better for the environment. Make it a Green Friday.
10. Pratice patience. You are going to be waiting in line with a lot of other people. Even if you arrive first, you’ll still have to waiting for the store to open with a lot of other people. If patience isn’t your strongest virtue, bring something to distract you like a book or a hobby or friend who you can gab with for hours. Just remember, nobody likes a grumpy shopper.