We are getting so excited for the upcoming holidays and we want you to be too. So excited in fact that we have been singing Christmas songs in our office and quoting Christmas movies to each other while we work. To help get you in the holiday spirit we picked out six Holiday events happening around the area that we think sound awesome and gave you some details below.
• Santa and his Mrs. are coming to the Huron Boat Basin, at 417 Main Street in Huron on December 8 from 3-8 p.m. One of the famous reindeer will possibly be making an appearance as well. Carriage rides and crafts will be provided.
• You’ll shoot your eye out! The beloved movie, A Christmas Story, is coming to life at Sandusky State Theatre on December 20-22 starting at 7:30 p.m in "A Christmas Story - Live on Stage!" Adult tickets start at $18 and students at $12.Plus, Funcoast.com will be giving away free tickets to the show, just text the word FUN to 41948. Bring the whole family; it is sure to be an exciting event for all ages.
• Are the Mayans right, is the world really going to end in a few weeks? If so, why not go out with a big bang. Kalahari is throwing a Mayan Toga Party at their resort; located at 7000 Kalahari Drive on December 21 beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is $20 per person with benefits going toward the Firelands Regional Medical Center Pediatric Service Department. Food, full bar, live music and fun. This event is not for those under 21. Call 419-557-7150 for more information.
• The Listening Room at Our Guest Inn and Suites, 220 E. Perry Street in Port Clinton is featuring a live, holiday, acoustic show, “Decembersongs”, featuring four of Nashville’s best: Dan Navarro, Jon Vezner, Sall Barris and Amy Speace on December 11 beginning at 7 p.m. With no cover charge, snacks and a full bar will be available for the listeners. Reservations are appreciated and can be made by calling 419-734-7050.
• Winter Wonderland 3D Family Walk-Thru is happening at the Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, 3319 Milan Road in Sandusky until December 30 (closed on Christmas). Featuring a 3D magical trip to the North Pole to visit Santa and his helpers, this has become one of our favorite local events.
• It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together, and you and your loved ones can take one at the Hayes Presidential Center on Hayes Avenue in Fremont. Rides are $3 per rider and are happening from 1-4 p.m. from December 26-December 31. All ages will delight in these nostalgic horse-drawn tours through the 25-acre estate.
Happy fun filled holidays from us at Funcoast.com.