The in-store deals of Black Friday weekend may have ended, but the online deals of Cyber Monday are finally here. Compiled below are a few tips, hints and helpful sources to aid you in your Cyber Monday shopping.
1. Cyber Monday is not just for geeks and tech nerds. Pretty much any physical store that also has a website should be running Cyber Monday deals. But don't worry, the websites that are geared toward geeks and tech nerds will be having specials too.
2. Today is the day to shop your favorite online-only stores. Today is the Black Friday of retailers such as Amazon.com, Overstock.com and ThinkGeek.com who have no physical store front. While many of these sites may have also had Black Friday specials, odds are good that todays sales and specials will be better.
3. It's not just Monday anymore. Similarly to the way Black Friday has evolved so that many of the sales last all weekend, some retailers are extending their deals. Target.com, for instance is having a Cyber Week. Don't let this throw you off though, many online retailers are either ending weekend long sales tonight or still only holding their Cyber Monday sales until midnight tonight.
4. Check your email. If you're like me and have pretty much stopped checking your personal email because of all the store newsletters you signed up for, today is the day to check your inbox. Your email will be filled with Cyber Monday emails making you aware of all sorts of deals. This can also be helpful because while you might automatically think to check Newegg.com for Cyber Monday deals, you might have an email from an online retailer that slipped your mind and might just have that perfect gift for that hard to shop for person on your list, like Milkshake.com, for example.
5. Check the sale and coupon sites. If your inbox isn't full of unread store emails like mine is, there are other great places to find out what sites are having sales. Retailmenot.com and Cybermonday.com are great references for finding Cyber Monday deals.
6. Shop for anything you didn't or couldn't get this weekend. Cyber Monday is a great opportunity to purchase anything you missed out on during your Black Friday shopping. Maybe you found the perfect dress at a store but they didn't have your size, it might be available in your size at their website. Also, Black Friday shopping can be so hectic that you can easily forget to pick something up that was on you list, or maybe the store was closed before you got there, just jump on your computer and order it today.
7. Try not to spend all day at work online shopping. Most Cyber Monday sales last until at least 11:59 p.m. tonight, so you've got time. I know it's hard to resist, but try, or at the very least, don't get caught.