1. Sizzling Summer Cruise giveaway at Gulf Inn
Our first Sizzling Summer giveaway is this Thursday at the Gulf Inn. Join us for one heck of a beach party. There will be a tan line contest, limbo games, food and drink specials and best of all put your name in our huge fish bowl for a chance to win a boarding pass on our cruise to Kelleys Island on September 12. All you have to do is just show up. You must be present to win.
• WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday July 11
• WHERE: The Gulf Inn, at the corner of US 20 and SR 601, Norwalk
• INFO: Our Sizzling Summer Cruise story
2. Pirate Day Fest
Perkins' Schools is hosting a day of family fun at Sandusky's American Legion. Family friendly activities include a corn hold tournament, 50/50 drawing, silent auction, food, a live DJ and much more. Bring the whole family out to support Perkins Schools, and make a memory to last a life time.
• WHEN: 11 a.m. until 9 p.m., Saturday July 13
• WHERE: American Legion, 3615 Hayes Avenue, Sandusky
• COST: $10 for adults and $5 for senior citizens and students
• INFO: Our Pirate Day Fest story
3. Huron River Fest
A summer tradition like none other, be sure to check out the Huron River Fest this weekend. Taking place all weekend, be sure to check out all the events Huron River Fest has to offer.
• WHEN: July 12-14
• WHERE: Huron Boat Basin,
• INFO: www.huronriverfest.com
4. Jazz in the Vineyard on Kelleys Island
This live jazz trio from Cleveland is worth hopping over to Kelleys Island this weekend. The trio is made up of Mark Gridley on saxophone and flute, Bob Fraser on guitar and Alan Gleghorn on bass.
• WHEN: 1-3 p.m., Saturday July 13
• WHERE: Kelleys Island Winery
• COST: Free
• INFO: www.kelleysislandwine.com
5. Vintage Baseball
Cheer on your Spiegel Grove Squires as they host their first home baseball match this Saturday the Hayes Center in Fremont. The game begins at 2 p.m. and don't forget your blanket. Bring your whole family to enjoy an old fashion baseball game.
• WHEN: 2 p.m., July 14
• WHERE: Spiegel Grove/Hayes Presidential Center, Hayes Avenue, Fremont
• COST: Free
• INFO: www.rbhayes.com