1. Sizzling Summer Cruise giveaway at Cedar Lanes
Funcoast Sizzling Summer Cruise Giveaway at Cedar Lanes. Why you should go: Funcoast is giving away tickets to their annual Sizzling Summer Cruise, and you’re invited! Come hang out with us at Cedar Lanes, where you can enjoy bowling and tons of great prizes – and of course, a chance to win tickets to Funcoast’s official end-of-summer cruise in September! For just $5, enjoy all-you-can-bowl games and a delicious hot dog buffet. Come out, relax and have fun with us.
• WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday July 18
• WHERE: Cedar Lanes, 935 Cleveland Road, Sandusky
• INFO: Our Sizzling Summer Cruise story
2. BBQ Under the Stars
Enjoy some delicious BBQ food at Culinary Vegetable Institute this Saturday. There will be a tasting station with meat from chicken, pork and salmon, along with side dishes galore including the season's finest vegetables. All proceeds from this event will benefit Veggie U.
• WHEN: 6:30 p.m., Saturday July 20
• WHERE: Culinary Vegetable Institute, 12304 Ohio 13, Milan
• COST: $75 per person
• INFO: Our BBQ Under the Stars story
3. Christmas in July at East Harbor
Be sure to come on out to East Harbor beach and celebrate Christmas in July with them. You might event get an opportunity to tell Santa if you've been good this year and what you want for Christmas.
• WHEN: July 19-21
• WHERE: East Harbor State Park, Lakeside-Marblehead
• INFO: www.eastharborstatepark.org
4. Winnie the Pooh live at Sandusky State
Witness Winnie the Pooh, Rabbit, Piglet, Roo and Tigger too all come to life at the Sandusky State Theatre this weekend. Featuring a cast of children and adults from the local area, this performance is sure to be enjoyed by the entire family.
• WHEN: 7:30 p.m., Saturday July 19
• WHERE: Sandusky State, 107 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky
• COST: $12 in advance, $15 at the door
• INFO: www.sanduskystate.com
5. Kelleys Island IslandFest
It its 125th annual year, Kelleys Island is gearing up towards another great weekend of fun and excitement as they are holding their IslandFest this weekend. A parade takes place Saturday morning, fireworks will be shot off around dusk, also on Saturday. Other events include a craft tent,
• WHEN: July 19-21
• WHERE: Various locations on Kelleys Island
• COST: Free
• INFO: www.kelleysislandchamber.com