1. Sizzling Summer Cruise giveaway at Cedar Lanes
Funcoast Sizzling Summer Cruise Giveaway at Lyman Harbor. Funcoast is giving away tickets to their annual Sizzling Summer Cruise, and you’re invited! Come hang out with us at Lyman Harbor, where you can enjoy some delicious food and drinks, complete with a beautiful view of Lake Erie and Cedar Point – and of course, a chance to win tickets to Funcoast’s official end-of-summer cruise in September!
• WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday August 8
• WHERE: Lyman Harbor, 1615 First Street, Sandusky
• INFO: Our Sizzling Summer cruise story
2. Erie County Fair
The biggest event going on in our area is our county fair and it lasts until Sunday. Don't miss all the tractor pulls, live music, flying pages, livestock, funnel cake and more.
• WHEN: ongoing until Sunday, August 11
• WHERE: Erie County Fairgrounds, 3110 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky
• COST: $7 per person for a day pass
• INFO: www.eriefair.com
3. Norwalk Under Fire
Cheer on your favorite car at the Summit Motorsports park this weekend as the biggest event in Huron County is taking place. Cars blowing up, fireworks, food and a whole lot of fun.
• WHEN: Saturday, August 10
• WHERE: Summit Motorsports Park, 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk
• COST: $40-$45 per adult, $20-$25 per child
• INFO: www.thelisteningroompc.com
4. Toast of Ohio Wine Festival
Sample all of your favorite wines from local wineries this Friday and Saturday.
• WHEN: Friday August 9 and Saturday August 10
• WHERE: Sandusky Greenhouse, 601 Franklin Street in Sandusky; Sandusky Bay Pavilion, 605 E. Water Street in Sandusky
• COST: $5-$20
• INFO: Our Toast of Ohio story
5. Film Series on Kelleys Island
Visit Kelleys Island this weekend as they kick of their film festival. Films being show are Madagascar, Oz the Great and Powerful and SkyFall. The showings are free and fun for everyone in the family. So bring a blanket to sit on and some popcorn to munch, and enjoy.
• WHEN: August 10 and 11
• WHERE: Kelleys Island
• INFO: www.kelleysisland.com/information/kelleys-island-film-festival