1. Sizzling Summer Cruise giveaway at Star Lanes
This week we are going to be at Sandusky Star Lanes for our giveaway. Funcoast is giving away tickets to their annual Sizzling Summer Cruise, and you’re invited! The evening will be full of giveaways and bowling fun as the bowling alley is featuring a $5 unlimited bowling and pizza night to make the evening an incredibly fun time.
• WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday August 15
• WHERE: Sandusky Star Lanes, 2097 Cleveland Road, Sandusky
• INFO: Our Sizzling Summer cruise story
2. Huron County Fair
Head to Norwalk this weekend as they host their ever-popular Huron County Fair today through Sunday.
• WHEN: ongoing until Sunday, August 18
• WHERE: Huron County Fairgrounds, 940 Fair Road, Norwalk
• COST: $7 per person for a day pass
• INFO: www.huroncountyfair.com
3. Big Splash Raffle
Test your luck this weekend at the Big Splash Raffle brought to you by Sandusky's Maritime Museum. Top prizes for 2013 are a brand new cars, motorcycles, cash and whole lot more. Live entertainment will be provided by the Wally and the Beavs.
• WHEN: Friday August 16 and Saturday August 17
• WHERE: Sandusky Bay Pavilion, 301 Jackson Street, Sandusky
• COST: $100 per person
• INFO: www.bigsplashraffle.com
4. Appetite for the Arts
The sixth annual Appetitle for the Arts takes place this weekend featuring over fifty artists, multiple musicians and a whole host of opportunities for you to get your art fix.
• WHEN: Friday August 16-Sunday August 18
• WHERE: Erie-Ottawa Regional Airport, 3255 East State Road
• COST: Free Saturday and Sunday
• INFO: Our story on Appetite for the Arts
5. East Harbor State Park Bicentennial
Sack races, corn hole tournament, vendors, hoop stick races and more make this event family friendly. Be sure to stick around for a huge bonfire will take place on the beach at 8:30 p.m.
• WHEN: Saturday, August 17
• WHERE: East Harbor State Park, 1169 North Buck Road, Lakeside-Marblehead
• INFO: http://www.eastharborstatepark.org/