1. Sizzling Summer Cruise giveaway at Old Dutch Tavern
Funcoast is giving away tickets to their annual Sizzling Summer Cruise, and you’re invited! We are excited at this week we will be at the Old Dutch Tavern. The evening will be full of giveaways and delicious burgers. Don't forget to vote for Old Dutch's Odd Item of the week before heading out.
• WHEN: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday August 22
• WHERE: Old Dutch Tavern, 2219 East Perkins Avenue, Sandusky
• INFO: Our Sizzling Summer cruise story
2. Sandusky County Fair
Head to Fremont this weekend as they host their ever-popular Sandusky County Fair today through Sunday.
• WHEN: ongoing until Sunday, August 18
• WHERE: Sandusky County Fairgrounds, corner of Rawson and North Streets in Fremont
• COST: $7 per person for a day pass
• INFO: www.sanduskycountyfair.com
3. Paws Up Pet Expo
Bring your four legged, furry friends out for Stein Hospice's annual fundraiser for their Paws Up program. The afternoon will include a doggy coloring class, numerous demonstrations, dog costume contest and whole host of all kinds of barking mad fun. Proceeds from this event will be benefit Stein Hospice's Paws Up program.
• WHEN: 12-4 p.m., Saturday August 24
• WHERE: Sandusky Bay Pavilion, 301 Jackson Street, Sandusky
• COST: Free
• INFO: Our Paws Up story
4. Marblehead Perch Festival
Parade, food vendors, music by Third Degree, magic by Matt Jergens, car cruise-in, children's activities and a whole lot more.
• WHEN: 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Saturday August 24
• WHERE: James Park, Marblehead
• COST: Free admission
• INFO: Our Perch Festival story
5. Goodtime 1980's Cruise
Dress in your 1980's best and party like it is 1985. This cruise is the first one of its kind according to the Goodtime, and they are more than excited to have 80's fans on board.
• WHEN: 8 p.m., Saturday August 24
• WHERE: Departs from Goodtime dock, 101 W. Shoreline Drive (Jackson Street Pier) in Sandusky
• COST: $20 per person
• INFO: www.goodtimeboat.com