New Year’s Eve isn’t just for adults, it’s for the kids too. Bring them along to one or two of the events we listed below and spend some quality family time celebrating 2012 and ringing in 2013 together. You can check out the rest of the New Year's Eve events happening in the area, HERE.
*All events are happening on Monday, Dec. 31.
New Year’s Eve Kid Walleye Drop
• WHEN: 4 p.m.
• WHERE: Downtown Port Clinton
• COST: Free
• INFO: www.walleyemadness.com
The dropping of 200 pound Wylie will be at midnight, but for the youngsters special a Kid Walleye Drop will take place at 6 p.m. There will be games for the kids put on by Port Clinton High School’s Key Club will take place at the Kings of Columbus building, the famous “Touch a Truck” returns to the streets, as well as a rock-paper-scissors challenge and live entertainment.
Noon Year’s Eve at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
• WHEN: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• WHERE: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland
• COST: $8.25 for adults, $5.25 for children 2-11, children 2 and under are free
• INFO: www.clmetzoo.com or our Noon Year’s Eve Story
With a live celebration of Professor Wylde’s Animal Show, a dance party, pizza, costume animal characters and more, this event is definitely a family-friendly way to celebrate the start of 2013.
New Year’s Eve Celebration at Ghostly Manor
• WHEN: 8 p.m.
• WHERE: Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, 3319 Milan Road, Sandusky
• COST: $10/general admission, $20/VIP admission
• INFO: 419-626-4467
There will be music, food, prizes, games, skating and more. Open to the public, general admission is $10 and includes prize tokens, party favors, a skate world pass and pizza and pop. VIP admission is $20 and includes party favors, pizza and pop, 12 tokens, skates and your choice of admission into the mini golf, haunted house or XD Theater.
Family Fun Night at Ernsthausen Community Center
• WHEN: 8 p.m.
• WHERE: Ernsthausen Community Center, 100 Republic Street, Norwalk
• COST: $5 per person
• INFO: 419-663-6775
The Ernsthausen Community Center is hosting their 9th annual New Year’s Eve celebration this year. An inflatable jungle gym, laser tagging, disk golf challenge, wallyball, open swim, face painting, bingo and tumble time will be available beginning at 8 p.m.
Noon Year’s Eve at the Toledo Zoo
• WHEN: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• WHERE: Toledo Zoo, 2700 Broadway Avenue, Toledo
• COST: $5.50 for Kids under 12 & Seniors; $7 for adults; Kids under 2 yrs are free
• INFO: www.toledozoo.org
Ring in the New Year at noon at The Toledo Zoo. Your family can toast the New Year with the animals after the ball drops, and make some ReZOOlutions while there.