Instead of enjoying the Rose Bowl parade like I usually do on New Year’s Day, I found myself jealous of those who were wearing T-Shirts and shorts while riding on the floats.
I guess you could say I’m already getting cabin fever and it is only January. I hope I am not alone, because I compiled this list of local winter events for all you Funcoasters. Check them out and distract yourself from getting the fever too badly.
• Brides by the Bay is a must attend local event if you ever plan to get married, are engaged to be married, are married, or know someone that is married. Happening on January 20 at the Lyman Harbor Complex, 912 W. Perkins Avenue, you will find multiple vendors to make any wedding dreams come true. Admission is only $5 per person, the doors open at 12:30 p.m. and the event lasts until 4 p.m. During the event there will be a runway show featuring 2013 gowns and tuxes, informal modeling throughout the day, food and drinks and options to register to win great door prizes.
• The annual Progressive Insurance Mid-American Boat Show is where you can dream of warmer, sunnier days and picture yourself in a new boat, and maybe even purchase one. All the latest boats and accessories will be located under one roof. Happening at the I-X Center, located at 6200 Riverside Drive in Cleveland from January 17 to the 21. For more information please visit clevelandboatshow.com.
• On January 26 from 1-3 p.m. the Paper District Marina, 611 W. Shoreline Drive, Sandusky is hosting Too Cool Ice Fishing, a class that teaches you how to ice fish. How cool is that! Fishing bait and tackle are being provided, so all you will need is your own fishing rod. Please note, you do have to pre-register with the Sandusky Recreation Department before heading out. You can do so by calling 419-627-5886.
• According to statistics, one of the best things you can do to prevent cabin fever is staying active. All About Dance Productions in Huron is featuring line dancing at 7 p.m. every Friday in January at their location on the 3rd floor of 607 Main Street. The cost is only $5 per person, and no experience is necessary.
• Slaters Madison Street Pub located at 111 Madison Street in Port Clinton is hosting a Sunday Funday every Sunday from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Every week the pub will feature a different live musician as well as different food and drink specials.