For this month’s edition of Style Remix we took photos in Milan of what to wear to stay fashionable in the fall months and as when returning to school. You want to look your best for that crush you haven’t seen all summer. Check out photos exclusive photos from the Style Re-mix shoot in Milan HERE.
8 ways to be fashionable for fall
1. Don't be afraid to wear bright colors in fall (tangerine, royal blue, shocking violet). Go out and buy that pair of colored denim jeans you've been thinking about.
2. Ditch the necklaces for an infinity scarf (a big loop that you wear around your neck; can be doubled up for a layered look).
3. Prints are everywhere. Soak it up by adding lots of plaid, patchwork, hounds tooth, stripes and polka dots to your autumnal wardrobe.
4. Wristwear is all the rage. Load on the bangles or wear a couple chunky cuffs; bracelets are a fun and inexpensive way to spruce up an outfit.
5. Be choosy when packing away your summer wear. It's time to stop doing the shorts-with-tights thing, but loose-fitting tank tops can be used as bases for your layered ensembles. Also, woven handbags aren't disappearing with the chilly weather, as in the past. Raffia and straw bags kind of remind me of hayrides, so I suppose it is appropriate
6. Cuff your denim! If you're not wearing them skinny, then you're probably wearing the very-popular boyfriend-style jeans. Fold them twice and iron for a semi-permanent crease. This goes for gals and guys; the "high-water" look is very stylish.
7. Knee high boots never really went away, but they're so popular right now that fashion publications are calling this Fall's obsession with this staple footwear a "Knee-high Revival". The runway rule to wearing this style: it's all about the bare knee or bare upper thigh. Whether you go leather or fur, lace-up or equestrian, pair it with a mini skirt or dress, think 'feminine meets masculine'.
8. Build your arsenal of blouse and button-down shirts. Be on the lookout for puffy shoulders, modest frills or ruffles, Peter pan collars, ascots, and sheer fabrics. Blouses are best worn tucked-in with wool skirts or denim; button-downs, on the other hand, are best worn long with tights or jeggings.
The LowDown on what’s in with Gina UndaGround
~Midnight blue (is the new black)
~Turbans and "Rosie the Riveter" style headscarves
~Plaid and Patchwork (it's all about prints this Fall!)
~Wool, Fur, Leather and Shearling
~Blanket vests (worn open)
~Thin-to-Medium Cable Knits
~Peacoats and other military fashion
~Bomber Jackets (leather, fur)
~60's Mod fashions
~Bracelets & brooches (go vintage!)
~Woven handbags (the bigger, the better!)
~Mini backpacks (leather, clear)
~Penny loafers (pairs with leather fringe or tassels)